Permanent Makeup - Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it a tattoo?
- Does it hurt?
- What if I change my hair color?
- What is the recovery time for permanent makeup?
- Can I still wear traditional makeup over the tattooed area?
- What if I decide to have cosmetic surgery?
- What is the difference between coil machine and the Softap® method?
- How long does it last?
- How long does it take?
- How much does it cost?
1. Is it a tattoo?
2. Does it hurt?
The sensation can be loosely compared to tweezing the eyebrows. For your comfort, a topical anesthetic is used. Most clients experience mild discomfort; however, some experience more discomfort due to varying tolerance levels.
3. What if I change my hair color?
4. What is the recovery time for permanent makeup?
The hand method of micropigmentation results in less trauma to the skin and no bruising of the eye and eyebrow area. It is common for a person to return to work the same day. Lips, however, will have some residual swelling.
5. Can I still wear traditional makeup over the tattooed area?
6. What if I decide to have cosmetic surgery?
7. What is the difference between coil machine and the Softap® method?
It is the technician behind any given tool that makes a procedure successful. The biggest difference with SofTap® is the technician is the power source. The manual method is very quiet, controlled and very natural looking when healed. All tools come pre-sterlized and are tossed after every procedure in a sharps container. There is no assembly required. Also most clients find the lack of vibration and noise very comforting. There are very little touch ups with a well trained professional.
8. How long does it last?
Permanent makeup never washes off or smears. It can soften through the years. The length of time will vary based on colors chosen, skin type, and compliance with after care instructions. Color refreshers will range from one to ten years and vary on an individual basis.
9. How long does it take?
The hand applied method requires one or three applications. The first appointment is considered a "rough draft." The second appointment will need to be scheduled four weeks to perfect your makeup, if warranted. Any subsequent appointments will be set up as needed.
10. How much does it cost?
|Eyeliner - top or bottom||$400|
|Eyeliner - top and bottom||$800|
|Touch up||Half original price|