Laser BBL Broadband Light - Frequently Asked Questions
- What is BBL BroadBand Light?
- How does BBL work?
- What conditions can be treated with BBL?
- What areas can be treated?
- How many treatments will I need?
- What will happen during the procedure?
- Will it be uncomfortable?
- What should I expect after the treatment?
- How long will it take to recover?
- What aftercare do I need?
- How much does it cost?
1. What is BBL BroadBand Light?
BBL is an innovative technology that sets new standards for skin conditions associated with aging, active life-styles, and sun damage. BBL energy allows your physician to precisely treat age and sun spots, small facial veins, and many other skin conditions. Your treatment will be tailored to match your skin type and your desired results.
2. How does BBL work?
3. What conditions can be treated with BBL?
- Pigmented Lesions (e.g., freckles, age spots)
- Vascular Lesions (e.g., small blood vessels)
- Skin Firmness
- Uneven Skin Texture
- Unwanted Hair
4. What areas can be treated?
Any area of your body can be treated. The most common areas are those most exposed to the damaging effects of sunlight. The most popular treatments are on the face, neck, back of the hands, chest and shoulders.
5. How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments needed will vary from patient to patient and we will personalize a treatment plan based on the level of improvement you desire. We may also combine your treatment with other procedures to further personalize your treatment.
6. What will happen during the procedure?
Your eyes will be protected with safety shields or glasses. You may briefly feel a warm or "rubber band snap" sensation as the light is absorbed by the targeted areas. Your procedure may take a few minutes to half an hour depending on the size of the area to be treated and the type of procedure performed. Your physician will discuss all of your options with you.
7. Will it be uncomfortable?
8. What should I expect after the treatment?
You may experience some redness that should resolve within a few hours. For some pigmented lesions, you will see a darkening of the treated areas followed by fading and flaking off at a later stage. Your treated skin will feel smoother, fine lines and pores will be less noticeable, and sunspots or uneven pigmentation will fade. Results depend on your condition, the number of treatments, and the area treated. We will provide you with complete information about the post treatment care and results.
9. How long will it take to recover?
10. What aftercare do I need?
11. How much does it cost?